Jump to Main Content
- Tan, Wee‐Kee; Ang, Yiqian; Lim, Teck‐Kwang; Lim, Tit‐Meng; Kumar, Prakash; Loh, Chiang‐Shiong; Lin, Qingsong
- Electrophoresis 2015 v.36 no.19 pp. 2473-2481
- Avicennia officinalis; desalination; electrophoresis; gels; leaves; phenol; proteins; proteome; proteomics; salt tolerance; trees
- ... Preparation of proteins from salt‐gland‐rich tissues of mangrove plant is necessary for a systematic study of proteins involved in the plant's unique desalination mechanism. Extraction of high‐quality proteins from the leaves of mangrove tree species, however, is difficult due to the presence of high levels of endogenous phenolic compounds. In our study, preparation of proteins from only a part of ...
- Wagler, Patrick; Minero, Gabriel Antonio S.; Tangen, Uwe; Vries, Jan Willem; Prusty, Deepak; Kwak, Minseok; Herrmann, Andreas; McCaskill, John S.
- Electrophoresis 2015 v.36 no.19 pp. 2451-2464
- DNA; composite polymers; electronics; filters; gel electrophoresis; gels; hydrophobicity; nucleotide sequences; oligonucleotides; polyacrylamide
- ... Reversible noncovalent but sequence‐dependent attachment of DNA to gels is shown to allow programmable mobility processing of DNA populations. The covalent attachment of DNA oligomers to polyacrylamide gels using acrydite‐modified oligonucleotides has enabled sequence‐specific mobility assays for DNA in gel electrophoresis: sequences binding to the immobilized DNA are delayed in their migration. S ...