Jump to Main Content
- Wuzhang, Jiachen; Song, Yongxin; Sun, Runzhe; Pan, Xinxiang; Li, Dongqing
- Electrophoresis 2015 v.36 no.19 pp. 2489-2497
- cetyltrimethylammonium bromide; droplets; electric field; electrolytes; electrophoresis; oils; surfactants; zeta potential
- ... Electrophoretic mobility of oil droplets of micron sizes in PBS and ionic surfactant solutions was measured in this paper. The experimental results show that, in addition to the applied electric field, the speed and the direction of electrophoretic motion of oil droplets depend on the surfactant concentration and on if the droplet is in negatively charged SDS solutions or in positively charged hex ...
- Lamalle, Caroline; Roland, Diane; Crommen, Jacques; Servais, Anne‐Catherine; Fillet, Marianne
- Electrophoresis 2015 v.36 no.19 pp. 2504-2506
- amino acid sequences; ammonium acetate; cattle; drug formulations; electrophoresis; experimental design; humans; insulin; methanol; micellar electrokinetic capillary chromatography; pH; proteins; surfactants; swine
- ... Human, bovine, and porcine insulins are small proteins with very closely related amino acid sequences, which makes their separation challenging. In this study, we took advantage of the high‐resolution power of CE, and more particularly of micellar electrokinetic chromatography, to separate those biomolecules. Among several surfactants, perfluorooctanoic acid ammonium salt was selected. Then, using ...