Jump to Main Content
- Jung, Gyoo Yeol, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Electrophoresis 2014 v.35 no.23 pp. 3402-3407
- DNA; cellulose; diagnostic techniques; electrophoresis; exons; genetic disorders; hybridization; muscular atrophy; nucleotides; polymers; single nucleotide polymorphism; single-stranded conformational polymorphism
- ... A simple and precise diagnostic method for spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) using high‐resolution CE‐based single‐strand conformation polymorphism (CE‐SSCP) was developed in this study. SMA is a common genetic disorder caused by an abnormality in the relative copy numbers of SMN1 and its centromeric copy SMN2, which differ only in two nucleotides, namely at exons 7 and 8. Therefore, the precise discr ...
- Jung, Gyoo Yeol, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Electrophoresis 2014 v.35 no.20 pp. 2946-2950
- electrophoresis; gelation; genetic techniques and protocols; heat; hydrogen bonding; polymers; sieving; single-stranded DNA; viscoelasticity
- ... CE‐SSCP analysis is a well‐established DNA separation method that is based on variations in mobility caused by sequence‐induced differences in the conformation of single‐stranded DNA. The resolution of CE‐SSCP analysis was improved by using a Pluronic polymer matrix, and it has been successfully applied in various genetic analyses. Because the Pluronic polymer forms a micellar cubic structure in t ...