Jump to Main Content
- Baños, Clara Eugenia; Silva, Manuel
- Electrophoresis 2010 v.31 no.12 pp. 2028-2036
- aldehydes; capillary electrophoresis; correlation; derivatization; drinking water; fluorescein; fluorescence; pH; polyethylene glycol; surfactants; temperature
- ... The potential of CZE with LIF detection in the separation and determination of low-molecular mass aldehydes involving precolumn derivatization with fluorescein 5-thiosemicarbazide was investigated. Different variables that affect derivatization (pH, fluorescein 5-thiosemicarbazide concentration, time and temperature) and separation (pH and concentration of the BGE, kind and concentration of surfac ...
- Ding, Guosheng; Zhang, Junlei; Bao, James J.
- Electrophoresis 2010 v.31 no.12 pp. 1983-1990
- adsorption; aromatic acids; chromatography; derivatization; electrophoresis; hydrophilicity; pH; solutes
- ... A novel amphiphilic silica-based monolithic column having surface-bound octanoyl-aminopropyl moieties was successfully prepared by a one-step in situ derivatization process. As expected, the amphiphilic monolithic column exhibited RP chromatographic behavior toward non-polar solutes (e.g., alkyl benzenes) with high column performance. As the pH of the buffer inside the column increases, the EOF ch ...