Jump to Main Content
- Berthier-Schaad, Yvette; Kao, Wen Hong Linda; Coresh, Josef; Zhang, Lin; Ingersoll, Roxann G.; Stephens, Robert; Smith, Michael W.
- Electrophoresis 2007 v.28 no.16 pp. 2812-2817
- DNA; electrophoresis; genes; genotype; genotyping; loci; single nucleotide polymorphism; statistical analysis; telomeres
- ... Whole genome amplification (wga) of DNA is being widely implemented in many laboratories to extend the life of samples only available in limited quantities for genetic analysis. We determined the reliability of wgaDNA genotypes in three sets of replicates from the same individuals: (i) 23 pairs of genomic DNA (gDNA), (ii) 43 pairs gDNA versus wgaDNA, and (iii) 29 pairs of independently amplified w ...
- Hung, Chia-Cheng; Chien, Shu-Chin; Lin, Chia-Yun; Chang, Chien-Hui; Chang, Yin-Fei; Jong, Yuh-Jyh; Hsieh, Sung-Tsang; Hsieh, Wu-Shiun; Liu, Ming S.; Lin, Win-Li; Lee, Chien-Nan; Su, Yi-Ning
- Electrophoresis 2007 v.28 no.16 pp. 2826-2834
- DNA; Down syndrome; electrophoresis; gene dosage; gene overexpression; genes; point mutation; polymerase chain reaction; rapid methods; trisomics
- ... Many genetic diseases are caused by the presence of point mutations, small insertions, and deletions in respective genes, and the number of diseases known to be caused by deletions and duplications involving large DNA genomes is increasing. These changes lead to underexpression or overexpression of the gene, according to changes in gene dosage. The methods for the detection of point mutations, sma ...