Jump to Main Content
- Müller, Kathrin; Klein, Rachel; Miltner, Erich; Wiegand, Peter
- Electrophoresis 2007 v.28 no.16 pp. 2835-2842
- DNA; databases; electrophoresis; gender; hairs; melanin; oxidation; polymerase chain reaction; root hairs
- ... Today the STR typing of telogen hair and hair shafts is regarded as a challenge. The small DNA quantity in the hair is highly degraded. Another problem are PCR inhibitors in the hair. In particular hair pigments, the melanins, are known to inhibit PCR. Hairs are exposed to sunlight and partly to chemical oxidation processes, which make them even more difficult to analyze. To increase the chances o ...
- Hung, Chia-Cheng; Chien, Shu-Chin; Lin, Chia-Yun; Chang, Chien-Hui; Chang, Yin-Fei; Jong, Yuh-Jyh; Hsieh, Sung-Tsang; Hsieh, Wu-Shiun; Liu, Ming S.; Lin, Win-Li; Lee, Chien-Nan; Su, Yi-Ning
- Electrophoresis 2007 v.28 no.16 pp. 2826-2834
- DNA; Down syndrome; electrophoresis; gene dosage; gene overexpression; genes; point mutation; polymerase chain reaction; rapid methods; trisomics
- ... Many genetic diseases are caused by the presence of point mutations, small insertions, and deletions in respective genes, and the number of diseases known to be caused by deletions and duplications involving large DNA genomes is increasing. These changes lead to underexpression or overexpression of the gene, according to changes in gene dosage. The methods for the detection of point mutations, sma ...