Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Rongying; Sens, Donald A.; Garrett, Scott; Somji, Seema; Sens, Mary Ann; Lu, Xiaoning
- Electrophoresis 2007 v.28 no.16 pp. 2942-2952
- EDTA (chelating agent); cadmium; copper; cultured cells; digestion; fluorescence; gel electrophoresis; heavy metals; metallothionein; peptides; proteolysis; proteomics; trypsin; zinc
- ... Metallothioneins (MTs) are a family of cysteine-rich metalloproteins which strongly bind to heavy metals, such as Cd(II), Zn(II), and Cu(I). Previous works by other group using gel electrophoresis and fluorescence showed MTs were resistant to proteolytic digestion by a variety of enzymes, raising the difficulties in proteomic identification of MTs. The present work was attempted to analyze the res ...
- Hung, Chia-Cheng; Chien, Shu-Chin; Lin, Chia-Yun; Chang, Chien-Hui; Chang, Yin-Fei; Jong, Yuh-Jyh; Hsieh, Sung-Tsang; Hsieh, Wu-Shiun; Liu, Ming S.; Lin, Win-Li; Lee, Chien-Nan; Su, Yi-Ning
- Electrophoresis 2007 v.28 no.16 pp. 2826-2834
- DNA; Down syndrome; electrophoresis; gene dosage; gene overexpression; genes; point mutation; polymerase chain reaction; rapid methods; trisomics
- ... Many genetic diseases are caused by the presence of point mutations, small insertions, and deletions in respective genes, and the number of diseases known to be caused by deletions and duplications involving large DNA genomes is increasing. These changes lead to underexpression or overexpression of the gene, according to changes in gene dosage. The methods for the detection of point mutations, sma ...