Jump to Main Content
- Luciano N. Segura; María S. Bó
- Emu 2018 v.118 no.2 pp. 218-223
- Circus; agricultural land; breeding; grasslands; habitats; nesting; nests; phenology; population dynamics; survival rate; Argentina
- ... We present novel data on breeding ecology and nest survival of the Cinereous (Circus cinereus) and Long-winged (C. buffoni) Harriers in modified grasslands of southern Argentina and we evaluate variations in daily nest survival rates (DSR) in relation to temporal and habitat variables. We studied three mixed nesting colonies embedded in agricultural landscapes along a road. We found that DSR decre ...
- Claudina Solaro; José Hernán Sarasola
- Emu 2018 v.118 no.2 pp. 158-165
- Falconidae; adults; anthropogenic activities; birds of prey; breeding; breeding sites; fledglings; genetic structure; habitats; neotropical birds; nestlings; philopatry; prediction; rural areas; suburban areas; Argentina
- ... Natal dispersal is a process whereby birds move from their birthplace to the site of their first attempt at reproduction. This process has strong implications for the dynamics and genetic structure of populations. However, studies on the dispersal of neotropical birds of prey are scarce. Here we investigated the post-fledgling and natal dispersal and philopatry of a common but poorly studied rapto ...