Jump to Main Content
- Juan Manuel Grande; Miguel A. Santillán; Paula M. Orozco; María Soledad Liébana; Marcos Matías Reyes; Maximiliano Adrián Galmes; Joaquín Ceregheti
- Emu 2015 v.115 no.3 pp. 256-260
- Hirundo rustica; Prosopis caldenia; agricultural land; breeding; forests; habitats; nesting sites; nests; roads; wetlands; Argentina; North America
- ... Barn Swallows (Hirundo rustica) breeding in North America traditionally wintered in South America. In the 1980s a small breeding population was found in coastal Argentina and since then the breeding range of Barn Swallows in the country has expanded. Our aims here were to examine the north-western limits of the breeding range of Barn Swallows in Argentina, and to analyse the factors that may deter ...
- Luciano N. Segura; María S. Bó
- Emu 2018 v.118 no.2 pp. 218-223
- Circus; agricultural land; breeding; grasslands; habitats; nesting; nests; phenology; population dynamics; survival rate; Argentina
- ... We present novel data on breeding ecology and nest survival of the Cinereous (Circus cinereus) and Long-winged (C. buffoni) Harriers in modified grasslands of southern Argentina and we evaluate variations in daily nest survival rates (DSR) in relation to temporal and habitat variables. We studied three mixed nesting colonies embedded in agricultural landscapes along a road. We found that DSR decre ...