Jump to Main Content
- Pedrana, Julieta; Isacch, Juan Pablo; Bó, María Susana
- Emu 2008 v.108 no.4 pp. 301-310
- Circus; agroecosystems; birds of prey; forests; grasses; grasslands; habitat conservation; habitats; landscapes; models; roads; species diversity; surveys; Argentina
- ... We evaluated the relationship between an assemblage of diurnal raptors and local- and landscape-scale habitat variables in the eastern portion of South America's temperate grasslands in Argentina (37°32'-37°45'S, 57°19'-57°26'W). The landscape is a mosaic of agroecosystems and natural grasslands. Raptor species were sampled using fixed-distance point-counts, from October 2004 to February 2005. We ...
- Luciano N. Segura; María S. Bó
- Emu 2018 v.118 no.2 pp. 218-223
- Circus; agricultural land; breeding; grasslands; habitats; nesting; nests; phenology; population dynamics; survival rate; Argentina
- ... We present novel data on breeding ecology and nest survival of the Cinereous (Circus cinereus) and Long-winged (C. buffoni) Harriers in modified grasslands of southern Argentina and we evaluate variations in daily nest survival rates (DSR) in relation to temporal and habitat variables. We studied three mixed nesting colonies embedded in agricultural landscapes along a road. We found that DSR decre ...