Jump to Main Content
- Bó, María S., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Emu 2018 v.118 no.2 pp. 218-223
- Circus; agricultural land; breeding; grasslands; habitats; nesting; nests; phenology; population dynamics; survival rate; Argentina
- ... We present novel data on breeding ecology and nest survival of the Cinereous (Circus cinereus) and Long-winged (C. buffoni) Harriers in modified grasslands of southern Argentina and we evaluate variations in daily nest survival rates (DSR) in relation to temporal and habitat variables. We studied three mixed nesting colonies embedded in agricultural landscapes along a road. We found that DSR decre ...
- Bó, María S., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Emu 2014 v.114 no.2 pp. 184-188
- Athene cunicularia; Coleoptera; arthropods; breeding; diet; food choices; habitats; trapping
- ... Understanding the way animals respond to novel habitats and fluctuations in food resources can provide insights into the ability of species to settle in modified habitats. We studied the patterns of arthropod selection by Burrowing Owls in natural and modified habitats. We assessed the diet of this owl by means of pellet analysis and, simultaneously, we estimated relative abundance of arthropods i ...