Jump to Main Content
- Li, Dongfang; Cai, Runxia; Zhang, Man; Yang, Hairui; Choi, Kyeong; Ahn, Seokgi; Jeon, Chung-Hwan
- Energy 2020 v.192 pp. 116503
- fluidized beds; furnaces; heat exchangers; heat transfer; heat transfer coefficient; temperature
- ... The world first 550-MWe ultra-supercritical circulating fluidized bed (CFB) boiler is designed with integrated recycle heat exchangers (INTREX) and internal solid circulation. In this research, in order to investigate the heat transfer behavior and the significance of the internal circulation, the operation characteristics of the four INTREXes as final superheaters including heat transfer coeffici ...
- Paoli, Leonardo; Cullen, Jonathan
- Energy 2020 v.192 pp. 116228
- best available technology; climate; energy conservation; energy efficiency; physical models; United Kingdom
- ... To reach climate targets, unprecedented levels of energy efficiency improvements are required. To prioritise investments, it is necessary to know the energy saving potential associated with each action. Understanding the potential of technical improvements, requires knowledge on the highest technically achievable efficiency of a technology – the technical efficiency limit. When focusing on technic ...