Jump to Main Content
- Lazzeroni, Paolo; Olivero, Sergio; Repetto, Maurizio; Stirano, Federico; Vallet, Marc
- Energy 2019 v.175 pp. 704-721
- Monte Carlo method; batteries; case studies; electric vehicles; electricity; energy; households; pollution; pollution control; prices; purchasing; renewable energy sources
- ... In the mobility sector Electric Vehicles represent one of the main opportunities to ensure strong reduction of local pollution. However, their higher costs compared to gas-fuelled cars are still a barrier for their large diffusions. One possible solutions to increase EVs penetration is their use as storage within households equipped with Renewable Energy Sources enabling a flexible energy manageme ...
- Balaji, Vishak; Gurgenci, Hal
- Energy 2019 v.175 pp. 1234-1245
- batteries; carbon dioxide; electricity; emissions; energy costs; generators (equipment); mining; power generation; renewable energy sources; temperature; Australia
- ... The electrification of remote locations that lack grid-connectivity is a global challenge. In Australia, off-grid communities and mining sites that are not connected to the electrical grid meet their electricity demand primarily through diesel generator systems. The economic and environmental ramifications associated with diesel generators can be minimised using hybrid renewable energy technologie ...