Jump to Main Content
- Jia, Huiqiao; Zou, Chun; Lu, Lixin; Qian, Xiang; Yao, Hong
- Energy 2019 v.177 pp. 412-420
- carbon dioxide; emissions; fuel combustion; fuels; methane; oxidants; oxygen; temperature
- ... Lean combustion has wide range of applications due to very low emissions and very high efficiency. The study of the ignition of the fuel under dilution conditions is crucial for the satisfactory operation and performance of dilution fuel combustion processes. In present study, the ignition temperatures of CH4 diluted with CO2 were measured in a counterflow ignition facility for the mixtures of 9–2 ...
- Gebrehiwot, Kiflom; Mondal, Md. Alam Hossain; Ringler, Claudia; Gebremeskel, Abiti Getaneh
- Energy 2019 v.177 pp. 234-246
- batteries; carbon dioxide; cost benefit analysis; electricity generation; emissions; generators (equipment); models; power generation; prices; rural electrification; solar collectors; solar energy; solar radiation; villages; wind power; wind speed; wind turbines; Ethiopia
- ... Standalone solar photovoltaic systems are increasingly being distributed in Ethiopia, but these systems are sub-optimal due to their intermittent power supply. A hybrid system that integrates and optimizes across solar photovoltaic and complementary energy sources, such as wind and diesel generation, can improve reliability, and reduce the unit cost of power production. This study assesses the pot ...