Jump to Main Content
- Milani, M.; Montorsi, L.; Venturelli, M.; Tiscar, J.M.; García-Ten, J.
- Energy 2019 v.177 pp. 543-553
- burners; ceramics; emissions; energy efficiency; energy use and consumption; gases; heat; kilns; mass transfer; mechanical stress; models; pollutants; temperature profiles; thermal properties; tiles
- ... The numerical analysis of thermal and fluid dynamics behaviour of an industrial roller kiln used for manufacturing ceramic tiles is carried out and combined with the analysis of the mechanical stresses formed in the final ceramics product. The developed numerical approach is able to address the energy efficiency, the fuel consumption as well as the pollutant emissions and the quality of the final ...
- Marrasso, E.; Roselli, C.; Sasso, M.; Tariello, F.
- Energy 2019 v.177 pp. 319-333
- air conditioning; boilers; electric vehicles; electricity; emissions; energy conversion; environmental performance; heat; heat pumps; primary energy; renewable energy sources
- ... In this paper four different air conditioning systems designed for a building located in Naples, are investigated. The first plant is based on distributed energy conversion systems: twelve boilers and twelve chillers. In the second solution the space heating demand is satisfied by a centralised boiler while the cooling load is met by a centralised chiller. The third option consists of a trigenerat ...