Jump to Main Content
- Jianyun, Zhu; Li, Chen; Lijuan, Xia; Bin, Wang
- Energy 2019 v.177 pp. 247-261
- batteries; energy use and consumption; fuels; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; industry; ships
- ... Growing concerns about reducing fuel consumption and global greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions have forced the shipping industry to accelerate the development of plug-in hybrid electric propulsion systems (HEPSs). However, the design optimization of plug-in HEPSs with the single objective of saving fuel may result in increased GHG emissions. This study proposes a bi-objective optimization by consideri ...
- Barbosa, Yuri M.; da Silva, Julio A.M.; Junior, Silvio de O.; Torres, Ednildo A.
- Energy 2019 v.177 pp. 29-43
- carbon dioxide; cold; cooling systems; energy use and consumption; equipment; exergy; greenhouse gas emissions; oil and gas industry; petroleum; seawater; steam; turbines
- ... The oil and gas industry is usually related to environmental problems and high level of CO2 emission. This work aims to evaluate different cogeneration plants usually used in FPSOs using cold deep sea water to improve efficiency of the cogeneration plants. Petroleum production data from a given well is used to size process plant while cogeneration plants are modeled using electrical and thermal de ...