Jump to Main Content
- Alberini, Anna; Prettico, Giuseppe; Shen, Chang; Torriti, Jacopo
- Energy 2019 v.177 pp. 44-56
- air conditioning; buildings; climate change; cooling; electricity; energy; equipment; fossil fuels; issues and policy; lighting; pollution; regression analysis; seasonal variation; summer; temperature; transportation; weather; Italy
- ... Concerns about climate change, pollution and energy security have prompted policies aiming at replacing fossil fuels (in heating and cooling, and transportation) with electricity, presumably generated from renewable sources. Climate change itself is expected to increase the demand for cooling in buildings, which is generally met with electricity-powered air conditioning. We use hourly electricity ...
- Lin, Chih-Hung; Hsu, Pei-Pei; He, Ya-Ling; Shuai, Yong; Hung, Tzu-Chen; Feng, Yong-Qiang; Chang, Yu-Hsuan
- Energy 2019 v.177 pp. 94-105
- electric power; electricity; electricity generation; geothermal energy; heaters; industrial wastes; lubrication; mass flow; oils; temperature; waste heat recovery
- ... In this study, experimental characteristics of a 10 kW organic Rankine cycle (ORC) with R245fa were investigated for low-grade waste heat recovery. A semi-hermetic scroll-type expander was utilized with proper lubrication. The conductive oil loop using electric heaters was to simulate low-grade heat source. The temperature and heat power of the heat source were set to 120 °C and 34–77 kW, respecti ...