Jump to Main Content
- Venizelou, Venizelos; Philippou, Nikolas; Hadjipanayi, Maria; Makrides, George; Efthymiou, Venizelos; Georghiou, George E.
- Energy 2018 v.142 pp. 633-646
- Cyprus, etc ; algorithms; annealing; electricity; energy; statistical analysis; summer; tariffs; winter; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Through the application of flexible Time-of-Use (ToU) tariffs, demand side management (DSM) can be facilitated in order to alleviate grid congestion problems and potential network reinforcement. In this work, a novel approach to derive ToU tariffs for residential prosumers is described and the potential impact is verified in a pilot network within the distribution grid of Cyprus comprised of three ...
- Heracleous, Chryso; Michael, Aimilios
- Energy 2018 v.165 pp. 1228-1239
- Cyprus, etc ; buildings; climate change; climatic factors; computer software; decision making; energy efficiency; issues and policy; natural ventilation; prediction; risk; social behavior; temperature; Europe; Southern European region; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... It has become evident that southern Europe will experience more adverse climate change effects compared to other European regions. The current study aims to investigate the vulnerability of educational buildings in Cyprus, in view of future climatic conditions, by means of a dynamic simulation software. In addition, the influence of natural ventilation on the thermal comfort in the current and fut ...