Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Li-Zhi
- Energy 2016 v.101 pp. 390-401
- algorithms; costs and returns; energy; energy conservation; equipment; heat; heat exchangers; interest (finance); manufacturing; system optimization; uncertainty; ventilators; weather
- ... Membrane-type Total heat exchangers (Heat and moisture recovery ventilators) have become key components for building energy conservation. Various materials and duct structures have been proposed to find an improved energy performance and a better economic return. However most previous optimizations of total heat exchangers are limited to deterministic design parameters whereas operational flexibil ...
- Safizadeh, M. Reza; Morgenstern, Alexander; Bongs, Constanze; Henning, Hans-Martin; Luther, Joachim
- Energy 2016 v.101 pp. 52-64
- air; air conditioning; algorithms; cooling; cost effectiveness; dehumidification; desiccants; electric energy consumption; evaporation; heat; operating costs; temperature; tropics; Singapore
- ... Separating dehumidification and cooling loads in air-conditioning systems has been proven to be a potential strategy to reduce electricity consumption if the dehumidification of air is mostly performed by heat-powered system components. Referring to experimental experiences in Singapore, this paper presents a novel electricity-efficient air-conditioning system consisting of a membrane unit, an eva ...