Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Li-Zhi
- Energy 2016 v.101 pp. 390-401
- algorithms; costs and returns; energy; energy conservation; equipment; heat; heat exchangers; interest (finance); manufacturing; system optimization; uncertainty; ventilators; weather
- ... Membrane-type Total heat exchangers (Heat and moisture recovery ventilators) have become key components for building energy conservation. Various materials and duct structures have been proposed to find an improved energy performance and a better economic return. However most previous optimizations of total heat exchangers are limited to deterministic design parameters whereas operational flexibil ...
- Rocha, Paula; Kaut, Michal; Siddiqui, Afzal S.
- Energy 2016 v.101 pp. 278-287
- European Union; buildings; carbon dioxide; economic sustainability; energy costs; energy efficiency; equipment; greenhouse gas emissions; heat; managers; primary energy; risk; risk management; uncertainty; Austria; Spain
- ... Improving energy efficiency in European Union buildings will require retrofitting much of the existing stock due to limited new construction opportunities. Given uncertainty in energy prices and technology costs stemming from deregulation, a stochastic optimisation framework is desirable for long-term decision support. We synthesise treatment of uncertainty and risk management to obtain insights a ...