Jump to Main Content
- Chaiyat, Nattaporn; Kiatsiriroat, Tanongkiat
- Energy 2015 v.91 pp. 363-370
- absorption; carbon dioxide; electricity costs; energy; environmental impact; heat; power generation; water temperature
- ... This paper focuses on the feasibilities of energy, economic and environment of a method to enhance an ORC (organic Rankine cycle) efficiency by CCHP (combined cooling heating and power) generation from an absorption system for reducing the ORC condenser temperature. A projection of a 25 kWe R245fa ORC integrated with a 20 kW LiBr-water absorption unit was considered. The experimental data of both ...
- König, Daniel H.; Baucks, Nadine; Dietrich, Ralph-Uwe; Wörner, Antje
- Energy 2015 v.91 pp. 833-841
- Fischer-Tropsch reaction; aviation; carbon; carbon dioxide; electric power; electrolysis; energy; energy density; heat; hydrocarbons; hydrogen; liquids; models; shipping; synthesis gas; synthetic fuels; transportation
- ... Future aviation, shipping and heavy load transportation will continue to depend on energy carriers with a high energy density. The Power-to-Liquid technology is an approach to produce synthetic hydrocarbons, which fulfill this requirement. The proposed concept is based on H2 from electrolysis, which reacts with CO2 via the reverse water-gas shift reaction to syngas. Syngas is then synthesized to l ...