Jump to Main Content
- Soid, S.N.; Zainal, Z.A.
- Energy 2014 v.73 pp. 59-69
- air; analysis of variance; biomass; combustion; gasification; gasoline; liquid petroleum gas; natural gas; producer gas
- ... PG (producer gas) from biomass gasification can be used either in SI (spark ignited) or CI (compressed ignited) engine. Present study evaluates fundamental combustion characteristics of SI CPG (compressed producer gas) in a CVCC (constant volume combustion chamber) at various equivalence ratios (ϕ) using optical technique. The combustion characteristics were compared to common fuels: gasoline, CNG ...
- Naraharisetti, Pavan Kumar; Lakshminarayanan, S.; Karimi, I.A.
- Energy 2014 v.73 pp. 635-652
- biomass; cell cycle; combustion; energy; fuel cells; gasification; natural gas; synthesis gas; turbines
- ... Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC) and Integrated Gasification Fuel cell Cycle (IGFC) uses Syngas in fuel cells and gas turbines to produce power. Several designs have been studied and it is common to analyze different designs (one at a time) to understand which design is more efficient. In this work we propose a superstructure that has both fuel cell topping and fuel cell bottoming cyc ...