Jump to Main Content
- Henninger, Stefan K., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Energy 2017 v.141 pp. 782-791
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; adsorbents; adsorption; bentonite; cooling systems; heat; heat pumps; hydrochloric acid; renewable energy sources; sorption isotherms; surface area; water temperature; water vapor
- ... In this research article a new modified adsorbent has been presented to be used in thermally driven adsorption systems for renewable energy applications. Bentonite is introduced as a cheap adsorbent with high potential for use in heat pumps or chillers driven by renewable energy. A simple acid activation procedure increases the inner surface of the material and also enhances the water adsorption c ...
- Henninger, Stefan K., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Energy 2015 v.79 pp. 363-370
- adsorption; coordination polymers; ethanol; magnetism; models; sorption isotherms; temperature
- ... This paper presents experimental and theoretical investigations of adsorption characteristics of ethanol onto metal organic framework namely MIL-101Cr. Adsorption isotherms and kinetics of the studied pair have been measured gravimetrically using a magnetic suspension adsorption measurement unit and volumetrically employing a Quantachrome Autosorb iQ MP machine. The present experiments have been c ...