Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: joung?
- Ritvanen, Jouni, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Energy 2017
- boilers; combustion; computer simulation; data collection; energy efficiency; environmental law; fluidized beds; furnaces; hybrids; models
- ... The primary goal when designing a CFB boiler is to ensure its high energy efficiency. Additional constraints come from environmental regulations, which are constantly becoming more difficult to assess, and require improvements in the boiler design process. Local on-site measurements are often restricted to short distances inward from the furnace wall, leaving most of the core unmeasured. Computer ...
- Ritvanen, Jouni, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Energy 2016 v.103 pp. 646-659
- atmospheric pressure; carbon dioxide; carbon sequestration; coal; combustion; fluidized beds; models; oxygen; power plants; steam; temperature
- ... High-temperature solid looping processes for CCS (carbon capture and storage) represent a class of promising technologies that enables CO2 capture with relatively low net efficiency penalties. The novel concept of the CLOU (Chemical Looping with Oxygen Uncoupling) process is based on a system of two interconnected fluidized bed reactors that operate at atmospheric pressure. In the fuel reactor, th ...