Jump to Main Content
- Li, Jingwei; Li, Xiaodong; Li, Min; Lu, Shengyong; Yan, Jianhua; Xie, Weiyang; liu, Chunhong; Qi, Zhifu
- Energy & Fuels 2016 v.30 no.11 pp. 9572-9579
- flue gas desulfurization, etc ; air pollution; coal; equipment; flue gas; naphthalene; particulates; pollution control; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; power plants; toxicity; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Coal-fired power plants are known to release a large quantity of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) and particulate matter. Some power plants have been upgraded with flue gas purification equipment to achieve ultralow emission. A coal-fired unit with ultralow emission was selected to investigate the influence of gas purification equipment on the PAH distribution in flue gas. The total concent ...
- Hajar, Yasmine; McAuley, Kim; Zeman, Frank
- Energy & Fuels 2016 v.30 no.10 pp. 8511-8519
- flue gas desulfurization, etc ; anhydrite; calcite; calcium sulfate; carbon dioxide; coal; combustion; electric power; electricity; energy; generators (equipment); greenhouse gas emissions; heat production; natural gas; power plants; sulfur; sulfur dioxide; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... This paper investigates the novel use of elemental sulfur as a fuel in a combined cycle power plant, wherein sulfur is oxidized in the combustion chamber to produce work from a gas turbine. Produced sulfur dioxide is then reacted with calcite to produce anhydrite (CaSO₄) in a flue gas desulfurization unit. The desulfurization reaction is exothermic, producing heat that can be converted to electric ...