Jump to Main Content
- Jones, Keith; Ramakrishnan, Girish; Uchimiya, Minori; Orlov, Alexander; Castaldi, Marco J.; LeBlanc, Jeffrey; Hiradate, Syuntaro
- Energy & Fuels 2015 v.29 no.12 pp. 8095-8101
- feedstocks, etc ; X-radiation; agricultural wastes; biochar; biofuels; calcium oxalate; carbon dioxide; carbon monoxide; chemical composition; energy; ethane; ethylene; food processing wastes; gas chromatography; hydrogen; methane; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; pecan shells; pyrolysis; soil amendments; stable isotopes; synthesis gas; temperature; thermogravimetry; tomography; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... Thermochemical conversion of agricultural wastes to bioenergy has a potential to play forefront roles within the context of the food, energy, and water nexus. The biochar solid product of pyrolysis is a promising tool to manage food crop production and water resources by means of soil amendment. The goal of this study was to understand the fate of surface functional groups and higher-atomic-mass e ...
- Ang, S. K.; Y., Adibah; Abd-Aziz, Suraini; M. S., Madihah
- Energy & Fuels 2015 v.29 no.8 pp. 5103-5116
- feedstocks, etc ; Aspergillus fumigatus; Candida tropicalis; Elaeis guineensis; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; beta-glucosidase; carbon; cellulose; ethanol; ethanol fermentation; ethanol production; fungi; hemicellulose; hydrolysates; lignin; lignocellulose; oils; polysorbates; reducing sugars; saccharification; scanning electron microscopy; solid state fermentation; temperature; xylanases; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... In this paper, we reported that oil pam trunk (OPT) can be used as an alternative fermentation feedstock for lignocellulolytic enzyme production and carbon source for bioethanol production. Xylanase production from OPT by locally isolated fungus, Aspergillus fumigatus SK1, under solid-state fermentation (SSF), was optimized using central composite design (CCD). Under optimized conditions, a maximu ...