Jump to Main Content
- Mason, P. E.; Darvell, L. I.; Jones, J. M.; Williams, A.
- Energy & Fuels 2016 v.30 no.3 pp. 2158-2163
- Miscanthus; biofuels; biomass; thermal conductivity; wheat straw; wood
- ... The thermal conductivity of solid biomass fuels is useful information in the investigation of biomass combustion behavior and the development of modeling especially in the context of large scale power generation. There are little published data on the thermal conductivity of certain types of biomass such as wheat straw, miscanthus, and torrefied woods. Much published data on wood is in the context ...
- PubMed Central:
- Jackson, Michael A.
- Energy & Fuels 2013 v.27 no.7 pp. 3936
- acetic acid; acetone; aluminum; biofuels; carbon dioxide; cerium; eugenol; furfural; guaiacol; iron; isotope labeling; models; neutralization; oils; pH; phenol; pyrolysis; reaction inhibition
- ... The stabilization and upgrading of pyrolysis oil requires the neutralization of the acidic components of the oil. The conversion of small organic acids, particularly acetic acid, to ketones is one approach to addressing the instability of the oils caused by low pH. In the ketonization reaction, acetic acid is converted to acetone, water, and CO₂. Here, a 16 vol % acetic acid solution is converted ...