Jump to Main Content
- Mukherjee, Sanjay; Kumar, Prashant; Hosseini, Ali; Yang, Aidong; Fennell, Paul
- Energy & Fuels 2014 v.28 no.2 pp. 1028-1040
- absorption; adsorption; air; carbon dioxide; coal; combustion; electricity; gasification; greenhouse gas emissions; hydrogen; hydrogen production; power plants; temperature
- ... Seven different types of gasification-based coal conversion processes for producing mainly electricity and in some cases hydrogen (H₂), with and without carbon dioxide (CO₂) capture, were compared on a consistent basis through simulation studies. The flowsheet for each process was developed in a chemical process simulation tool “Aspen Plus”. The pressure swing adsorption (PSA), physical absorption ...
- PubMed Central:
- Jackson, Michael A.
- Energy & Fuels 2013 v.27 no.7 pp. 3936
- acetic acid; acetone; aluminum; biofuels; carbon dioxide; cerium; eugenol; furfural; guaiacol; iron; isotope labeling; models; neutralization; oils; pH; phenol; pyrolysis; reaction inhibition
- ... The stabilization and upgrading of pyrolysis oil requires the neutralization of the acidic components of the oil. The conversion of small organic acids, particularly acetic acid, to ketones is one approach to addressing the instability of the oils caused by low pH. In the ketonization reaction, acetic acid is converted to acetone, water, and CO₂. Here, a 16 vol % acetic acid solution is converted ...