Jump to Main Content
- Barekati-Goudarzi, Mohamad; Boldor, Dorin; Marculescu, Cosmin; Khachatryan, Lavrent
- Energy & Fuels 2017 v.31 no.11 pp. 12156-12167
- acetone; depolymerization; desorption; droplets; evaporation; free radicals; fuels; gases; lignin; mass spectrometry; molecular weight; nitrogen; phenolic compounds; pyrolysis; quartz; temperature
- ... The unique decomposition pathways of hydrolytic lignin (HL) dissolved in an acetone/water mixture (9:1) and dispersed by a droplet evaporation technique under nitrogen gas flow has been investigated in a conventional reactor at atmospheric condition, a temperature region of 400–550 °C, and a residence time of 0.12 s. The results validate the fact that dispersion of the lignin into the gas phase by ...
- Chorus Open Access:
- Burger, Jessica
L.; Lovestead, Tara M.; Bruno, Thomas J.
- Energy & Fuels 2016 v.30 no.3 pp. 2119-2126
- carbon; desorption; explosives; gas chromatography; headspace analysis; helium; mass spectrometry; natural gas; temperature; vapors
- ... As the sources of natural gas become more diverse, the trace constituents of the C₆+ fraction are of increasing interest. Analysis of fuel gas (including natural gas) for compounds with more than six carbon atoms (the C₆+ fraction) has historically been complex and expensive. Hence, this is a procedure that is used most often in troubleshooting rather than for day-to-day operations. The C₆+ fracti ...
- PubMed Central: