Jump to Main Content
- Shah, Ajay, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Energy & Fuels 2016 v.30 no.7 pp. 5779-5790
- biomass; butanol; byproducts; computer software; corn stover; energy; feedstocks; fermentation; gasoline; heat; lignocellulose; microorganisms; models; prices; production costs; research and development; saccharification; sugars; sulfuric acid; toxicity
- ... Biobutanol has fuel properties comparable to those of gasoline; however, its commercial production through acetone–butanol–ethanol (ABE) fermentation from lignocellulosic biomass is still encumbering due to low product yield, energy extensive recovery method, and butanol toxicity to microbes. Recent development of simultaneous saccharification, vacuum fermentation, and recovery technique has the p ...
- Shah, Ajay, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Energy & Fuels 2012 v.26 no.4 pp. 2386-2393
- adsorption; biodegradation; biomass; corn stover; decision making; equations; feedstocks; gravimetry; hemicellulose; hydrophilicity; hydrophobicity; lignocellulose; models; prediction; relative humidity; temperature; torrefaction; transportation; water content; water vapor
- ... The equilibrium moisture content (EMC) of biomass affects transportation, storage, downstream feedstock processing, and the overall economy of biorenewables production. Torrefaction is a thermochemical process conducted in the temperature regime between 200 and 300 °C under an inert atmosphere that, among other benefits, aims to reduce the innate hydrophilicity and susceptibility to microbial degr ...