Jump to Main Content
- Hu, Jun; Wu, Shiliang; Jiang, Xiaoxiang; Xiao, Rui
- Energy & fuels 2018 v.32 no.2 pp. 1843-1850
- corn stover, etc ; fuels; grasses; hardwood; lignin; mass spectrometry; moieties; phenolic compounds; pyrolysis; pyrolysis gas chromatography; softwood; temperature; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... The structure–reactivity relationship in fast pyrolysis of lignin for monomeric phenolic compounds was studied on seven lignins from hardwood, softwood, and grass. The distribution of elements, functional groups, phenylpropane units, and interunit linkage bonds varied greatly across the lignins. Lignins from hardwood and grass prepared with mild conditions presented more C–O linkages. Pyrolysis–ga ...
- Qiao, Xianliang; Zhao, Chao; Shao, Qianjun; Hassan, Muhammad
- Energy & fuels 2018 v.32 no.5 pp. 6022-6030
- corn stover, etc ; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; agricultural wastes; ammonia; biocompatible materials; biofuels; biomass; biotransformation; carbon; gel chromatography; hydrogen; hydrogen peroxide; hydrolysis; lignin; molecular weight; nitrogen content; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; oxidation; oxygen; presoaking; raw materials; wood; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... The hydrogen peroxide presoaking prior to ammonia fiber expansion (H-AFEX) pretreatment is an effective and promising method for agricultural residues to decrease biomass recalcitrance and enhance enzyme accessibility. To illuminate the structural changes of lignin after the H-AFEX process, ball-milled wood lignins were isolated from raw material and H-AFEX-treated corn stover. The features and st ...