Jump to Main Content
- Shokri Afra, Mohammad Javad, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Energy & fuels 2019 v.33 no.5 pp. 3979-3988
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; calcite; calcium; calcium chloride; carbonates; contact angle; freshwater; ionic strength; magnesium; magnesium chloride; moieties; pH; petroleum; polar compounds; saline water; scanning electron microscopy; soaking; sodium chloride; sodium sulfate; total organic carbon; water solubility; wettability
- ... In this study, the effects of amphiphilic water-soluble components of crude oil and ionic composition of water were investigated on the wettability alteration of a carbonate surface. Four different types of saltwater, which are made up of NaCl, MgCl₂, CaCl₂, and Na₂SO₄, with 0.5 M ionic strength, besides distilled water, were contacted with crude oil to be saturated with water-soluble components. ...
- Bashtani, Javad, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Energy & fuels 2017 v.31 no.12 pp. 14007-14017
- activation energy; calcium carbonate; calcium oxide; droplets; flue gas; fuels; hydrogen peroxide; sodium; sodium bicarbonate; solubility; sulfur dioxide
- ... This study presents the first results on comparing Na- and Ca-based absorbers for separating SO₂ from flue gases in two-phase flows where the gas is modeled as a continuous phase and the absorber droplets are solved as a discrete phase. The reactions are solved as volumetric reactions where reactions are assumed to be in instantaneous equilibrium with finite rate. The results show that the Na-base ...