Jump to Main Content
- Schachter, Jonathan A.; Mancarella, Pierluigi; Moriarty, John; Shaw, Rita
- Energy Policy 2016 v.97 pp. 439-449
- energy resources, etc ; assets; business enterprises; case studies; consumers (people); decision making; deterministic models; economic valuation; planning; prices; risk; uncertainty; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Classical deterministic models applied to investment valuation in distribution networks may not be adequate for a range of real-world decision-making scenarios as they effectively ignore the uncertainty found in the most important variables driving network planning (e.g., load growth). As greater uncertainty is expected from growing distributed energy resources in distribution networks, there is a ...
- Krieger, Elena M.; Casey, Joan A.; Shonkoff, Seth B.C.
- Energy Policy 2016 v.96 pp. 302-313
- energy resources, etc ; air; air pollutants; air pollution; air quality; case studies; electricity generation; emissions; population characteristics; power plants; screening; social justice; California; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Emerging grid resources such as energy storage and demand response have the potential to provide numerous environmental and societal benefits, but are primarily sited and operated to provide grid-specific services without optimizing these co-benefits. We present a four-metric framework to identify priority regions to deploy and dispatch these technologies to displace marginal grid air emissions wi ...