Jump to Main Content
- Rubashkina, Yana; Galeotti, Marzio; Verdolini, Elena
- Energy Policy 2015 v.83 pp. 288-300
- opportunity costs, etc ; environmental impact; environmental law; environmental policy; exports; manufacturing; patents; pollution control; Europe; United States; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... This paper investigates the “weak” and “strong” versions of Porter Hypothesis (PH) focusing on the manufacturing sectors of 17 European countries between 1997 and 2009. The hypothesis that well-crafted and well-enforced regulation would benefit both the environment and the firm was originally proposed by Porter (1991) and Porter and van der Linde (1995). To date, the literature has analyzed the im ...
- He, Xiaoping
- Energy Policy 2015 v.80 pp. 145-152
- opportunity costs, etc ; carbon; carbon dioxide; carbon markets; cost estimates; emissions; pollution; prices; China; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Under a framework of output distance function with multiple outputs, the study discusses the carbon abatement cost at provincial and regional levels in China, using the shadow price analysis. The findings show that the abatement cost, reflecting the marginal opportunity cost of carbon reduction, varies greatly among the provinces. On average, the abatement cost of the eastern region was much highe ...