Jump to Main Content
- Sakai, Marco; Barrett, John
- Energy Policy 2016 v.92 pp. 102-110
- best available technology, etc ; carbon; carbon dioxide; compliance; emissions; environmental policy; imports; international trade; tariffs; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Approximately one fourth of global emissions are embodied in international trade and a significant portion flows from non-carbon-priced to carbon-priced economies. Border carbon adjustments (BCAs) figure prominently as instruments to address concerns arising from unilateral climate policy. Estimating the volume of emissions that could be potentially taxed under a BCA scheme has received little att ...
- Ancora, Maria Pia; Zhang, Lei; Wang, Shuxiao; Schreifels, Jeremy J.; Hao, Jiming
- Energy Policy 2016 v.88 pp. 485-494
- best available technology, etc ; activated carbon; air; coal; compliance; control methods; cost effectiveness; decision support systems; emissions; energy; halogens; human health; issues and policy; mercury; models; pollution; power plants; China; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... A new international treaty, Minamata Convention, identifies mercury (Hg) as a global threat to human health and seeks to control its releases and emissions. Coal-fired power plants are a major source of mercury pollution worldwide and are expected to be the first key sector to be addressed in China under Minamata Convention. A best available technique (BAT) adoption model was developed in the form ...