Jump to Main Content
- El-Bidairi, Kutaiba S.; Duc Nguyen, Hung; Jayasinghe, S.D.G.; Mahmoud, Thair S.; Penesis, Irene
- Energy conversion and management 2018 v.175 pp. 192-212
- algorithms; batteries; carbon dioxide; case studies; climate; electricity; energy; fossil fuels; fuzzy logic; greenhouse gas emissions; renewable energy sources; weather; wolves; Australia
- ... Microgrids are increasingly being used as a platform to integrate distributed generation such as renewable energy sources and (RESs) conventional sources in both grid-connected and isolated power systems. Due to the inherent intermittent nature of RESs, energy storage systems (ESSs) that can absorb fluctuations have become inevitable. Nevertheless, large capacities of ESSs increase the initial cos ...
- Yu, Haoshui; Eason, John; Biegler, Lorenz T.; Feng, Xiao; Gundersen, Truls
- Energy conversion and management 2018 v.175 pp. 132-141
- carbon dioxide; carbon sequestration; energy; energy costs; flue gas; heat; mathematical models; power plants
- ... In this study, an Organic Rankine Cycle (ORC) is proposed to be integrated with the flue gas pre-compression process to reduce the energy cost resulting from Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS). An equation-based flowsheet optimization model is developed considering the mixture working fluid design, ORC operating conditions and the compression process simultaneously. The optimal number of stages of C ...