Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Tongcai; Luan, Weiling; Liu, Tongjun; Tu, Shan-Tung; Yan, Jinyue
- Energy conversion and management 2016 v.124 pp. 13-19
- foams, etc ; air; electric generators; heat recovery; power generation; prototypes; temperature; transmission electron microscopy; wastes; water; water flow; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... This paper proposed a type of metal foams filled thermoelectric generator (TEG) for waste heat recovery. Metal foam inserts of three kinds of pore densities (5 PPI, 10 PPI and 20 PPI) were included, considering the heat transfer enhancing features of porous metal mediums. A flow channel detachable prototype was designed to experimentally investigate the influence of metal foams on the performance ...
- Sarsam, Wail Sami; Amiri, Ahmad; Kazi, S.N.; Badarudin, A.
- Energy conversion and management 2016 v.116 pp. 101-111
- foams, etc ; cetyltrimethylammonium bromide; gum arabic; heat transfer; heat transfer coefficient; mixing; nanocomposites; nanofluids; particle size; sodium dodecyl sulfate; sodium dodecylbenzenesulfonate; surfactants; temperature; thermal conductivity; transmission electron microscopy; ultrasonic treatment; ultraviolet-visible spectroscopy; viscosity; zeta potential; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... A pioneering idea for increasing the thermal performance of heat transfer fluids was to use ultrafine solid particles suspended in the base fluid. Nanofluids, synthesized by mixing solid nanometer sized particles at low concentrations with the base fluid, were used as a new heat transfer fluid and developed a remarkable effect on the thermophysical properties and heat transfer coefficient. For any ...