Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: jiali?
- Li, Jiale, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Energy conversion and management 2017 v.144 pp. 252-261
- Weibull statistics; anemometers; case studies; cost effectiveness; energy; lidar; models; turbulent flow; wind farms; wind power; wind speed; wind turbines; Lake Erie; Ohio
- ... Wind energy potential assessment is crucial for proper wind farm siting. Typically, this involves installation of tall and costly meteorological masts with anemometers. New technology such as Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) is an alternative mobile technology that serves such purpose. This paper describes the principle of LiDAR technology and presents case studies of its applications to evalua ...
- Li, Jiale, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Energy conversion and management 2018 v.158 pp. 103-119
- geometry; industry; laboratory experimentation; mathematical models; sustainable development; transportation; wind power; wind turbines
- ... The sustainable development of offshore wind energy requires thorough investigations on technological issues. The substructure, which acts as the natural link between technologies and environments, is a critical topic for the offshore wind industry. This paper presents a comprehensive review of variable types of offshore wind substructures associate with their corresponding example projects. The s ...