Jump to Main Content
- van Gevelt, T.; Canales Holzeis, C.; Jones, B.; Safdar, M.T.
- Energy for sustainable development 2016 v.32 pp. 121-129
- data collection; electricity; energy; energy poverty; food security; households; income; issues and policy; livelihood; rural development; socioeconomic status; villages; willingness to pay
- ... We used primary data collected from 163 households in an off-grid Rwandan village to provide insights into energy poverty at the household-level. Informed by the rural livelihoods literature, we constructed a novel asset- and income-based index to disaggregate our results by socio-economic status. We also employed microeconometric techniques to investigate the determinants of household willingness ...
- Clarke-Sather, Abigail; Li, Yan; Qu, Jiansheng
- Energy for sustainable development 2016 v.32 pp. 40-49
- carbon; carbon dioxide; energy; fluorescent lighting; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; households; incandescent lamps; life cycle assessment; seasonal variation; surveys; China
- ... An energy use survey of 237 households was carried out in rural Anding district, Gansu province, P.R. China in 2010. Baseline lighting electricity use was assessed for current (2010) and future use (2020) and compared by light bulb type, household room, and seasonal differences. A simple life cycle assessment (LCA) compared strategies such as replacing incandescents with CFLs and reducing total da ...