Jump to Main Content
- Matsuo, Yuhji; Nei, Hisanori
- Energy policy 2019 v.124 pp. 180-198
- accidents; economies of scale; electric utilities; energy policy; nuclear power; power generation; power plants; quantitative analysis; France; Japan; United States
- ... In this study, we collected Japanese nuclear power plant construction cost data from official documents submitted by the electric utilities and conducted a quantitative analysis of the past trends. We found that the unit construction cost of Japanese nuclear power plants rose during the period from 1975 to 1980, when the “improvement and standardization” programs took place, and did not increase o ...
- Volk, Rebekka; Hübner, Felix; Hünlich, Tobias; Schultmann, Frank
- Energy policy 2019 v.124 pp. 226-261
- databases; energy; energy policy; equipment; funding; markets; nuclear power; politics; power generation; Canada; France; Germany; Japan; Spain; Sweden; Ukraine; United States
- ... In the 1950s, nuclear power generation became important and many facilities were built. Today, because of political, technical or economic reasons many reactors are being or will be decommissioned. This highly impacts energy policy regarding future energy supply and the handling of decommissioning, including dismantling capacities, regulatory control, equipment, expertise, funding or final nuclear ...