Jump to Main Content
- Nielsen, Hana; Warde, Paul; Kander, Astrid
- Energy policy 2018 v.122 pp. 75-83
- centrally planned economy; electricity; energy; supply chain; Europe
- ... This paper presents a stylized graph of the energy intensities in two typical European sets of countries: the East and the West, in parallel to the existing research on the European North – South. The coal-rich West and East differ from the coal-poor South and North, in that their pattern is an inverted U-curve, while both North and South have consistently declining energy intensities. Energy inte ...
- Cialani, Catia; Mortazavi, Reza
- Energy policy 2018 v.122 pp. 592-600
- demand elasticities; electric energy consumption; electricity; households; income elasticities; markets; models; statistical analysis; Europe
- ... This paper examines the electricity demand, and its determinants, in 29 European countries during the liberalization of the electricity market. Based on panel data for these countries for the years 1995–2015 and using a dynamic partial adjustment model, price elasticities are estimated for both residential and industrial electricity demand. These elasticities and effects of other variables on elec ...