Jump to Main Content
- Barragán-Beaud, Camila; Pizarro-Alonso, Amalia; Xylia, Maria; Syri, Sanna; Silveira, Semida
- Energy policy 2018 v.122 pp. 287-299
- carbon; carbon markets; cost effectiveness; economic impact; electricity; greenhouse gas emissions; income; interviews; issues and policy; models; natural gas; politics; prices; stakeholders; surveys
- ... This study provides a comparative assessment of carbon-pricing instruments for the Mexican electricity sector, contrasting a carbon tax with an emissions trading scheme (ETS). The assessment is performed in terms of economic impacts and political feasibility. Model-based scenarios considering different price and quantity levels are analyzed on Balmorel-MX, a cost optimization bottom-up model of th ...
- Quek, Augustine; Ee, Alvin; Ng, Adam; Wah, Tong Yen
- Energy policy 2018 v.122 pp. 388-394
- acidification; biogas; coal; cradle-to-gate; electricity; electricity generation; environmental impact; eutrophication; global warming potential; humans; issues and policy; natural gas; oils; petroleum; solar energy; toxicity; waste incineration; Singapore
- ... Renewable and sustainable are often used synonymously. This study examines the sustainability of switching from fossil-based electricity generation to renewable energy systems. Life cycle assessment (LCA) of both fossil- and renewable-based electricity generation were modeled for four environmental impact categories, in the context of Singapore city. The LCA method followed the CML methodology. Fo ...