Jump to Main Content
- Quek, Augustine; Ee, Alvin; Ng, Adam; Wah, Tong Yen
- Energy policy 2018 v.122 pp. 388-394
- acidification; biogas; coal; cradle-to-gate; electricity; electricity generation; environmental impact; eutrophication; global warming potential; humans; issues and policy; natural gas; oils; petroleum; solar energy; toxicity; waste incineration; Singapore
- ... Renewable and sustainable are often used synonymously. This study examines the sustainability of switching from fossil-based electricity generation to renewable energy systems. Life cycle assessment (LCA) of both fossil- and renewable-based electricity generation were modeled for four environmental impact categories, in the context of Singapore city. The LCA method followed the CML methodology. Fo ...
- Parra, Rony; Di Felice, Louisa Jane; Giampietro, Mario; Ramos-Martin, Jesus
- Energy policy 2018 v.122 pp. 63-74
- anthropogenic activities; ecosystems; electricity; issues and policy; metabolism; oils; petroleum; primary energy; Ecuador
- ... The global energy system is highly dependent on fossil fuels, which covered approximately 90% of primary energy sources in 2016. As the quality and quantity of oil extracted changes, in response to changes in end uses and in response to biophysical limitations, it is important to understand the metabolism of oil extraction – i.e. the relation between the inputs used and the output extracted. We fo ...