Jump to Main Content
- Barragán-Beaud, Camila; Pizarro-Alonso, Amalia; Xylia, Maria; Syri, Sanna; Silveira, Semida
- Energy policy 2018 v.122 pp. 287-299
- carbon; carbon markets; cost effectiveness; economic impact; electricity; greenhouse gas emissions; income; interviews; issues and policy; models; natural gas; politics; prices; stakeholders; surveys
- ... This study provides a comparative assessment of carbon-pricing instruments for the Mexican electricity sector, contrasting a carbon tax with an emissions trading scheme (ETS). The assessment is performed in terms of economic impacts and political feasibility. Model-based scenarios considering different price and quantity levels are analyzed on Balmorel-MX, a cost optimization bottom-up model of th ...
- Roulot, Jonathan; Raineri, Ricardo
- Energy policy 2018 v.122 pp. 459-473
- business planning; consumers (people); electricity; income; issues and policy; risk; sales; solar collectors; stakeholders; France
- ... Between 2016 and 2017, the French Government made significant advances in shaping the new legislative structure in order to support photovoltaic electricity self-consumption, which is a growing challenge for many countries developing renewables close to the grid parity. By analyzing all the main financial flows linked to the electric bill, the sales of electricity and the investment in photovoltai ...