Jump to Main Content
- Brinkley, Catherine
- Energy policy 2018 v.120 pp. 526-532
- waste incineration, etc ; biomass; clean energy; combustion; energy; greenhouse gas emissions; heat; heating systems; land use; markets; planning; residential areas; Asia; Sweden; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Communities may wish to source their energy locally to improve resilience in volatile energy markets, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and support regional economies. Biomass and waste incineration offer one method that has been broadly adopted in European and Asian countries, particularly in combination with district heating systems. Yet, combustion and the placement of affiliated smokestacks oft ...
- Quek, Augustine; Ee, Alvin; Ng, Adam; Wah, Tong Yen
- Energy policy 2018 v.122 pp. 388-394
- waste incineration, etc ; acidification; biogas; coal; cradle-to-gate; electricity; electricity generation; environmental impact; eutrophication; global warming potential; humans; issues and policy; natural gas; oils; petroleum; solar energy; toxicity; Singapore; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Renewable and sustainable are often used synonymously. This study examines the sustainability of switching from fossil-based electricity generation to renewable energy systems. Life cycle assessment (LCA) of both fossil- and renewable-based electricity generation were modeled for four environmental impact categories, in the context of Singapore city. The LCA method followed the CML methodology. Fo ...