Jump to Main Content
- Kang, Sinhang; Lee, Seung-Rae; Vasu, Nikhil N.; Park, Joon-Young; Lee, Deuk-Hwan
- Engineering geology 2017 v.230 pp. 64-76
- disasters, etc ; case studies; data collection; empirical research; engineering; geographic information systems; landslides; neural networks; prediction; rain; topography; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Damages caused by landslides have been increasing because of the greater frequency of localized heavy rain. To prevent landslide disasters more efficiently, more studies in relation to predicting the initiation areas of debris flows that cause large-scale damage are necessary. The main purpose of this study is to develop a criterion for detecting debris flow initiation areas by using an empirical ...
- Wang, Liang; Liu, Shimin; Cheng, Yuan-Ping; Yin, Guang-zhi; Guo, Pin-kun; Mou, Jun-hui
- Engineering geology 2017 v.218 pp. 12-21
- disasters, etc ; coal; coalbed methane; data collection; drilling; engineering; laboratory experimentation; mechanical properties; risk; temperature; thermal properties; China; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Magma intrusions into coal seams are common throughout the world. The high temperatures and pressures induced by magma intrusion can alter the properties of coal, including its rank, mechanical properties, cleat and pore structures and adsorption-desorption behaviors. Because the thermal properties of magma intrusions also affect localized in situ stress distributions, both the alteration of coal ...