Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Guoqing; Yang, Yuyou; Zhang, Haiqing; Zhang, Guolong
- Engineering geology 2019 v.253 pp. 160-170
- case studies; engineering; finite element analysis; safety factor; systems engineering; China
- ... A high-fill slope located in Zhenxiong County, Yunnan Province, China, was designed for building placement on its top platform. A reinforcement system consisting of a geogrid, front stability piles (FSPs), retaining sheets, prestressed anchors, and rear deeply buried piles (DBPs) has been used to stabilize the slope. Two typical slope sections were selected to study the high-fill slope stability a ...
- Bao, Yiding; Han, Xudong; Chen, Jianping; Zhang, Wen; Zhan, Jiewei; Sun, Xiaohui; Chen, Menghe
- Engineering geology 2019 v.253 pp. 171-183
- buildings; cleaning; computer software; environmental degradation; finite element analysis; geomorphology; iron; laboratory experimentation; landfills; landslides; models; prediction; rivers; sediments; wastes; China
- ... Catastrophic landslides occur frequently at large waste dumps, causing huge losses of lives and environmental degradation. In this study, Zhujiabaobao iron mine waste dump was surveyed and found to be unstable during a field investigation in April 2016. A failure potential assessment was undertaken for the waste dump; this is crucial for the prediction and mitigation of landslides hazards. Reconna ...