Jump to Main Content
- Wei, Zhen-lei; Lü, Qing; Sun, Hong-yue; Shang, Yue-quan
- Engineering geology 2019 v.253 pp. 14-26
- groundwater; landslides; mathematical models; prediction; rain; rain intensity; support vector machines; water table; China
- ... Rainfall thresholds of landslides often are determined by empirical meteorological thresholds, but the reliability of this approach sometimes is limited by the lack of information about the hydrological processes that trigger landslides. Groundwater plays a critical role in triggering deep-seated landslides. In this study, we propose a methodology to estimate the rainfall threshold for a deep-seat ...
- Bao, Yiding; Han, Xudong; Chen, Jianping; Zhang, Wen; Zhan, Jiewei; Sun, Xiaohui; Chen, Menghe
- Engineering geology 2019 v.253 pp. 171-183
- buildings; cleaning; computer software; environmental degradation; finite element analysis; geomorphology; iron; laboratory experimentation; landfills; landslides; models; prediction; rivers; sediments; wastes; China
- ... Catastrophic landslides occur frequently at large waste dumps, causing huge losses of lives and environmental degradation. In this study, Zhujiabaobao iron mine waste dump was surveyed and found to be unstable during a field investigation in April 2016. A failure potential assessment was undertaken for the waste dump; this is crucial for the prediction and mitigation of landslides hazards. Reconna ...