Jump to Main Content
- Tang, C.S.; Tang, A.M.; Cui, Y.J.; Delage, P.; Schroeder, C.; Shi, B.
- Engineering geology 2011 v.118 no.3-4 pp. 93-103
- argillite, etc ; clay; engineering; mercury; microstructure; porosity; radioactive waste; scanning electron microscopy; waste disposal; water content; France; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... The argillite extracted from Bure site (France) is proposed, after being crushed and compacted, as a possible sealing and backfill material in the French geological high-level radioactive waste disposal. In this study, the effects of the grain size distribution and the microstructure on the hydro-mechanical behaviour of the compacted crushed argillite have been investigated. The volume change prop ...
- Auvray, C.; Arnold, G.; Armand, G.
- Engineering geology 2015 v.191 pp. 61-70
- argillite, etc ; clay; clay minerals; engineering; mechanical properties; quartz; relative humidity; saturated conditions; statistical analysis; temperature; France; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Callovo-Oxfordian argillite, obtained from the ANDRA underground research laboratory in Meuse/Haute-Marne (France), is characterized as a multiphase material. The argillite is composed of carbonate inclusions (10–50μm) embedded in an argillaceous matrix (representing expanding clay minerals, such as smectites). The matrix itself is also multiphase, composed of clay aggregates of 1μm-size carbonate ...