Jump to Main Content
- Kassim, Azman, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Engineering geology 2012 v.131-132 pp. 70-82
- engineering; evaporation; geology; hydraulic conductivity; models; permeability; prediction; rain; weathering
- ... The formation of residual soil of Grade V and Grade VI due to tropical weathering process introduces small hydraulic heterogeneities in the soil mantle which greatly alter the suction distribution during rainfall infiltration, and hence the stability of the residual soil slopes. This paper presents field evidences of suction distributions in a heterogeneous residual soil slope. Several modeling ap ...
- Kassim, Azman, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Engineering geology 2011 v.117 no.1-2 pp. 78-89
- engineering; gravel; infiltration rate; kaolin; models; rain; rain intensity; rainfall duration; silt; soil permeability; tropics
- ... Rainfall infiltration and suction variation in unsaturated soils must be taken into consideration in the analysis of most slope stability problems, particularly in the tropical regions where the annual precipitation is high. The process of rainfall infiltration into unsaturated soils is an extremely complex problem attributed to the non-linearity of the hydraulic property functions of the unsatura ...